Garbanzo & Red Pepper Salad
1/4 cup lowfat plain yogurt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon chat masala
1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup julienned roasted red bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 medium head frisee (a type of lettuce)
1/2 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise & cut into thin half-moons
1. Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl, add sugar to taste and set aside.
2. Gently combine garbanzo, roasted peppers, cumin, cilantro, mint, lime juice & ginger in a bowl and set aside.
3. Arrange a bed of frisee in the center of each of 4 salad bowls.
4. Toss garbanzo mixture with dressing to coat thoroughly and add salt to taste.
5. Place 1/2 cup bean mixture on top of each pile of frisee.
6. Arrange cucumber slices around beans.
Eat & Enjoy!